Monday, 11 March 2013

Negative Picture Frame by Deborah


 
 

You can pick up small picture frames pretty cheaply these days – to incorporate them into an artwork or, as I have done here, simply to decorate.

Even though my frame was bare wood I was able to paint it with a couple of coats of Black Soot Distress Stain and get good coverage. Then I took Picket Fence Distress Paint and ‘inked’ the Kaisercraft Wood Grain stamp, stamping it all over the frame.

At this stage I didn’t have any particular theme in mind but it looked to me a little like water.  Which decided me to use the bathing beauty from Crafty Individuals: Beside the Seaside CI278 and stamp her with Picket Fence Distress Stain (the paint is too thick for such a delicate stamp) onto IndigoBlu Coal Black Stamping Card. After drying with a heat gun, I cut her out and stuck her to the frame with double sided tape. I over-stamped one of the word stamps from CI278 with VersaFine Onyx Black onto the bottom right of the frame for added interest.

Now I look at it, the use of black and white, rather than beach colours, makes it look a little like a black and white negative.

The bathing beauty inside the frame is a very rare photo of me (not something you see very often!)
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Wow Debs! What a stunning textured effect on your frame and the image looks amazing like that.
    Good to see a pic of you too!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant effects on this. bathing beauty indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous effect you've achieved here Deborah. I haven't seen anything like this before so thank you for sharing the techniques. Great pic of you too!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great effect! Such a striking and modern decor item,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice effect and it really does look like water. Look like you were having a wonderful time in that photo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great frame - it is very striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...