Monday, 4 March 2013

Just Because - A Card by Deborah


 
 
 

This week I am using B Line Design’s Abundance stamp again – but with a different, gentler colour palette and using the new Distress Paints rather than sprays.
 
After giving them a good shake, I scribbled Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed Distress Paint onto white card, spritzed with water and then placed another piece of card on top, smooshing them together. I dried both pieces with a heat gun and, using a piece of Cut N Dry Inking Foam, I filled in any gaps with a light application of Mustard Seed Distress Ink.
 
As Distress Paints come in a dabber format, I applied a mix of Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn onto the stamp, spritzed lightly with water and stamped on part of the painted card, drying it with the heat gun. After cutting it out, I edged with Salty Ocean and heat dried it again.
 
I cut another piece of painted card to fit a card blank (with no border) then, taking one of the new Prima stencils – Turkish Grunge, I dabbed Salty Ocean Distress Paint on part of it, spritzed with water and stamped with it onto the background. I took the piece of waxy paper I rested the stencil on, flipped it over and stamped another corner. This looked quite bold so I rolled kitchen roll onto it to blot it. I gave it a blast with the heat gun to be on the safe side.
 
Then I edged the background first with Mowed Lawn Distress Paint, dried it and added a thinner border with the edge of a Evergreen Bough Distress Ink Pad.
 
After fixing the stamped image to the background with double sided tape, I stamped a sentiment in Evergreen Bough Distress ink and taped it to my card blank.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. This shows, so effectively, how a different colour palette can create such a
    different feelign to the piece of art.
    So delicate.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours Debs and a fabulously grungy effect.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stamping and I just love that painty grungy look. The colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blend of colours Deb's :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...