Monday, 25 March 2013

Folded Tag Card by Deborah




 


I used:

I’ve seen a few of these folded tag cards on blogs lately so I thought I’d have a go making my own. I didn’t really have any idea what I was going to do, apart from the fact I wanted to use one of the new Dina Wakley silhouette stencils from The Crafters Workshop.
Firstly, I took one Kraft tag (1  x 10 ½”) and folded it in half. So far, so simple.
Because I only had kraft tags, I scribbled Picket Fence Distress Paint over the front and insides, spreading it to the edges with a piece of paper towel. Then I scribbled on top with Dusty Concord Distress Stain (picked at random), again smoothing it out with paper towel but leaving some white around the edges.
I then dabbed Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Paint through the Mini Ringlets stencil. I also flipped the stencil and stamped with the residue of the paint. It looked too bold in places so I inked up the Tim Holtz crackle stamp with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and over-stamped randomly round the edge.
At that point I decided to leave the background and move onto the focal point.
I drew round the larger figure from Casey and Penelope onto a piece of packaging. I cut it out using a craft knife for the spaces between her body and her arms then tore some of the card to reveal to corrugations underneath. I painted her with Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick and Seedless Preserves Distress Paint and edged her with a Black ProMarker. I stamped ‘awesome’ and ‘incredible’ repeatedly over the figure in Jet Black Archival Ink. I then stamped the heart from the same stamp set on top.
The wings were stamped onto card from an card backed envelope, using Mustard Seed and Seedless Preserves Distress Paint and attached at the back with double sided tape. I painted a bit of the same card with Mustard Seed Distress Paint and stamped ‘You Are So Totally’ attaching them with foam tape.
I didn’t want to attach her until I’d done the inside so I went back to the background and, using the cap of the Seedless Preserves Distress Paint stamped circles which I filled by dabbing Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed. I stamped ‘cool’ randomly over the top.
For the inside I followed the same principles as the front, except that I drew around the figure straight onto the card, using Seedless Preserves applied with a water brush, then with charcoal and white sketching pencils to give more definition.
 
 

I edged the card with Black ProMarker, painted some crinkle ribbon with Distress Paints and threaded it through the tag hole.
 
Deborah

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Deborah. I love the colours, the image and particularly the sentiment.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent. love the colour scheme. may have a go at this idea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Deborah, I love the colours,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing tag card, so contemporary.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Debs. Really love those colours and your fabulous inky backgrounds and the shape is brilliant.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally wonderful and awesome! Just reading your list of requirements to start with was fascinating. It's a great card, Deborah, and I love all the details which make the finished result even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing colours - love it inside and out!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Deb, those colours are amazing together, totally inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Such wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...