Thursday, 14 March 2013

A Curious Shrine by Carol Fox


 
 

Hello, Carol here for my Thursday post.

I fancied do something a little bit different this week and I was sitting in my craft room staring around to try and get some inspiration and I spotted a couple of sardine tins I did a few years ago, so after a rummage in “that draw”, you know the one, we all have it , we just chuck stuff in it that may one day be useful, I found one, and here is what I have done with it.

I started with white card for my tin background. I spritzed it with Dylusions, in some of the new yummy colours, Calypso Teal and Funky Fuchsia. I then added some gold Perfect Pearls and finished it off with a squirt of White Linen and you can see from this scrap of left overs, how these new colours are (ignore the mess in the background, my craft room seems to be in bomb site mode this week).
 

 
I cut this to fit the back and inside edges of the tin.


All my images were stamped with black Archival ink and coloured using a combination of Distress inks and Faber-Castell Gelato’s, these are lovely to use and give very true colours to the colours on the tube and really good coverage.


My little Tim Holtz Frozen Charlotte is aged using metal paints and then wire wrapped, with a skull charm added over its face and my little bottle was coloured with alcohol inks to make it look old and used.

 
 

I think my favourite part of this is the little pig. I love this pig and you will see him again in a few weeks as he's part of an ongoing larger project I am working on between other things. But I do love how he has worked out on shrink plastic, I gave the shrunk image a coat of Glossy Accents as I like the way it makes shrunk images look. 

I used
Graphic 45 Stamps: Olde Curiosity Shoppe 1 & 3


Anyway that’s enough from me for this week, see you next time.
 
Carol x

6 comments:

  1. Great project and yes I know "the draw" well, hehehe ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant sardine shrine, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love this. fantastic idea. Shame we don't eat sardines! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Love the crown on top and all the other bits which explode out of the shape of the tin! Fun and funky...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab altering Carol. Love the quirky feel here and our household too is sadly, sardine free!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...