Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Thinking of You card by Mandy C


 
 
 

 

Flourish ~ Lost Coast
Watercolour pencils
 

·       Firstly, make your background…. I spritzed the misters over the card and then dried with a heat tool. Cut to 4.5in x 4in. I usually make an A4 background and then ‘choose’ which piece of background I like the best… this was a piece with a lot of pink on it.

·       Stamp the face from the Classics 5 Set… I’ve used VersaFine in black as this seems to work best with photo-type stamps.   I’ve dried with a heat tool to make sure it’s set and then coloured very lightly with watercolour flesh colour.

·       Using the StazOn, stamp on the background with the ‘word’ background stamp from Classics 4.

·       The face should fit on the card perfectly. Adhere to the left hand side.

·       I like to add words, quotes or sayings to my projects, the ideal stamp set for this is the Creative Expressions Art Sayings set. Brilliant to add a word or two. I chose the saying… Thinking of You. I think it suits the face stamp as she looks lost in thought. I stamped it onto a piece of the background, cut out and glued into position.

·       I felt it lacked something so I added a little flourish from Lost Coast stamps.

·       I edged first with the pink shade of chalk ink and then the charcoal chalk ink.

·       Then I mounted onto black card, which is a very slight bit larger than the main card. A black border seems to lift the whole card. J
 
 
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. That face is perfect for a thinking of you card. I love the misty background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Mandy. It has so much depth and the face is so striking with the misted background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...