Monday, 4 February 2013

Simply Longing for Spring - A Card by Deborah



 
 

For this card I used two of the new Crafters Workshop templates (ie stencils): Mini Confetti by Ronda Palazzari and Mini Pattern Leaves by Julie Fei-Fan Blazer. Plus some fab new washi style stamps from Kaisercraft called Decorative Tape Pieces. However, my secret ingredient is a very dirty, inky piece of Ranger Inkssentials Cut-N-Dry Stamp Foam!
The card came about because, like everyone, when I get new stash I like to play. I grabbed an off-cut of paper and decided to ink through one of the mini leaves with Hero Arts Neon Green ink using the direct to paper (or in this case, direct to stencil) technique. Not surprisingly, most of the ink stayed on the stop of the stencil and I only got the very faintest leaf impression on the card. So I decided to flip it and press down firmly so that some of the green appeared in the negative area (or is it positive? I can never remember. Around the edges, anyway).


The only bit of Cut N Dry I could find was very inky but I used it to pick up some Hero Arts Neon Blue ink and dabbed through the stencil which resulted in this lovely shading. You can see what colour the Neon Blue really is like if you look at the edges of the card topper.
Next, I experimented with a couple of the Decorative Tape stamps and lots of inks, finally choosing Distress Inks: Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters.
On the card blank itself I used the same piece of Cut N Dry – through the Mini Confetti template – this time with Adirondack Dye Ink: Juniper, moving it around and avoiding the heart cut-outs. Interestingly, the dirty foam did not contaminate the colour - possibly something in the chemistry of Adirondack inks?
I stuck everything down with double sided tape and...voila!

Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debs, my sentiments entirely!! Love the fresh and delicate greens, gorgeous card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat getting dirty.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Debs. Just love those colours - bring on the Spring! Love the background and simplicity and I now can't wait for my washi tape stamp to arrive lol
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That washi tape stamp is great. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One-off colours are fab, aren't they? OK, you'll never get exactly the same shade again but that's half the fun of handmade, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great composition, just the right mixture of white and colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely - the fresh spring green palette is gorgeous, and I love that that particular colour was (a) accidental and (b) might never quite re-occur again! Makes the whole thing that much more special...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...