Sunday, 24 February 2013

Shrunken Butterflies by Laura




 
 
 

Items Used:
 
These shrink plastic butterflies are stage 1 of a project that I am working on.
 
I ran the shrink plastic and the butterfly die through my Cuttlebug several times and sanded the shrink plastic with a sanding block to give it a "key". I then coloured the butterflies with various different coloured ink pads. I then stamped on them randomly with some texture stamps and then shrunk them with my heat gun. While they were still warm, I bent the wings upwards to give them more shape, being very careful not to burn my fingers in the process!

Stage 2 and the completed project will hopefully be revealed next Saturday. J
 
Laura

3 comments:

  1. They are so pretty, Laura. Can't wait to see your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on comments here!
    These are gorgeous Laura, all so very pretty and also can't wait to see what you make with them.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...