Thursday, 21 February 2013

Mushroom Bookmarks by Carol Fox


 
 

 

Hi,

This week I have some shroomey bookmarks for you. These are a very quick and simple make, but I have found that making these has made me start to look at my stamp collection in a different way.
I first coloured a piece of card with Dylusions ink in Bubblegum Pink and some spots of Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade from my reinker bottle. I let this dry before laying my stencil over it and applied bleach, dabbing it on with a sponge. I then added the Lemonade ink to a small spot of gesso and using the same stencil and an old store card scraped it through. When this all dried, I used the ledger stencil and black paint applied with cut and dry. I now had this.

 

 
 

I cut two strips from this, 1 inch wide and 4.5 inches long. I applied black dabber to the edges and folded them in half lengthways. I added a small pair of magnets to the two inside edges.
I stamped my images using black Archival ink and then coloured them using the same pink and yellow inks. I stuck them to the folded edge of the strips and there you have it, two cute bookmarks. 

I used:
 
See you next week,
 
Carol x

4 comments:

  1. Cute and cool - love'em!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Carol! Love those mushrooms and the bright colours.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...