Thursday, 14 February 2013

Altered Steampunk Tin by Carol Fox



 
 
 
 
 
Hello,  Carol here with my post for this week. I cannot believe how quickly Thursday comes around each week, but here I am again, and this week I have altered a Marks and Spencer’s Mint Tin. I really think it’s now got to the point where I eat the mints just for the tin! 

I sanded the tin to remove all the paint and then gave it a wipe to remove any dusty residue. Using an applicator I applied Bottle and Stream alcohol ink directly to the tin. I sealed it with a quick coat of Multi Medium, I then stamped the image directly using Black StazOn ink.

I added a small charm from my stash to the corner and there it is, a cute tin that now keeps my pen nibs safe on my window sill.

 

I used 

Alcohol Inks: Stream & Bottle
Glossy Accents to glue on the charm
 

Thank you for visiting and see you next week,


Carol x

5 comments:

  1. So cool... just got myself that stamp, now I want to play!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous altering Carol and the image is such a perfect fit too. Love the steampunk theme.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab tin - and minty breath too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great Carol... i agree with Fliss... a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Carol - must get my alcohol inks out - they haven't see daylight for a couple of years. Thanks for this fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...