Thursday, 10 January 2013

Pirate Trinket Box by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
Hello. This week I have altered a box to a pirate theme. The box is a Baker Ross box. I love this set of Crafty Individuals stamps, as they have a lovely steampunk feel to them and they are such a versatile set to have in your stash.

I painted the box with two coats of Fresco Finish Paint in Chocolate Pudding and when dry, lightly sanded it. I then sealed it with a coat of Multi Medium, this stops the ink sinking into the paint and the image getting lost.

Once this was all dry, I stamped the images in black Archival ink and heat set the images. I then dragged a black paint dabber round the edges to give it a bit of definition. I finished it with a coat of glossy Glue and seal.

The metal charms were “ rusted” with with Ginger Alcohol Ink and then clear WOW embossing powder was applied over the top of the coloured charms.To do this, I inked the charms and then when dry, pushed them firmly down into the embossing pad to get them really wet, then thoroughly coating them with the embossing power. Melt it with your heat gun until it is melted, leave to cool thoroughly before you touch it or else you burn your fingers..Ouch! I sanded them very gently when they were cooled to distress them a little bit and attached to the lid with a strong glue.

Don't forget the lovely new additions to the Crafty Individuals range, which are available HERE, including the lovely new Alice Palace ones.
 

I used:

 

See you next week,
 
Carol x

2 comments:

  1. Such a great vintage look alteration - fab! Great tip about sealing before stamping too, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is gorgeous Carol. Fabulous stamping and the vintage colours look perfect with the theme. Love the embellishing too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...