Sunday, 20 January 2013

Melt Art Heart Twinchie by Laura







Materials used:


Melt Pot (coming soon to That’s Crafty!)
EcoArtBoard Twinchie


 

It’s another Melt Art project from me today!

Firstly, I melted the Platinum UTEE in a Melt Pot (these will be in stock in February at That’s Crafty!) and then poured the melted UTEE into the heart cutters, which were placed on a heat proof craft mat. I’ve been experimenting with UTEE and I find that pouring the melted UTEE into the cutters, rather than pouring it onto a craft sheet and then placing the cutters into the melted UTEE works better for me, as I find that I get cleaner edges doing it that way. I sprinkled dry Lapis Jade and Lilac Black UTEE into the cutters while the Platinum UTEE was still wet.
 
 

When they hearts were dry, I pushed them out of the cutters and stuck them together with Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I then covered a twinchie with silver leaf (I did this with the VersaMark and Stamp n’ Bond) and triple embossed it with clear UTEE. While the last layer of clear UTEE was still wet, I added the layered heart. I finished off the edges of the twinchie with a silver metallic pen.
 

Laura

3 comments:

  1. So elegant and stylish, Laura. They would make a wonderful tiled border, or a lovely picture frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, they look lovely layered up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely layered creation Laura. Very elegant in style.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...