Thursday, 24 January 2013

Flying Pigs at 6 O’Clock by Carol Fox


 

 

I thought I would have a bit of fun with this Tando clock and really punk it up. It was one of those project that were a while in the making, not because it was particularly time consuming, but it was something I was doing between other “stuff”. 

The die cut cogs I cut from the chipboard that came as the packing for the clock. I laid the top bit of the clock with the holes in it, onto a piece of paper and drew inside the cut-outs to get the shapes to stick the cogs onto, I cut these out and then stuck the die cut cogs to them and then trimmed them from the back, these then fitted perfectly into the recesses once the front was glued onto the base.

I  painted it all with Eco Green paints in Bronze and Green Patina, I just squidged them onto the base and then mixed them with the brush as I applied them, this way you get a mottled and uneven look.

All my images were stamped onto card, coloured, cut out and then stuck to the clock face. It was at this point I decided to add the numbers, and of course the pig was in the way for the 6. So I decided the best way was to off set the 6, and add a random 5 to balance it a bit more, and in the end I actually like the way this has made it look, it adds to its quirkyness. The numbers are die cut from 10 Second Studios Rock Star Black, run through my Big Shot with an embossing folder and then sanded to remove the black from the raised areas.

I added a large stamped clockface to the center, finishing this off with die cut cogs, coloured as before.

I added the butterflies last, finishing them with Glossy Accents to make them pop a little bit. I have used one of the dominos from last weeks project.
 
 
I used:

Tando Clock
Graphic 45 Stamp Sets
Crafty Individuals Clock Face CI354
Eco Green Paints
Ten Seconds Studio Metal – Rock Star Black
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Clockworks
Glossy Accents
Ranger Archival Ink


Carol x

3 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning creation Carol. The colours and embellishing are fabulously punky!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clockwork steampunk heaven! What an absolute treat for the eyes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clever touches like the clock key in her back, the woman's arms pointing to up like clock hands at 12. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...