Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Field Notes Notebook by Mandy C


 

 

I love these original Stampers Anonymous stamps. The new sets have been put together with words so when I saw this set I knew I wanted to make a little ‘field notes’ book. For this project I’ve used the Stampers Anonymous Classics Favorites 1 for the main image, as well as the word ‘journal’ For the leaves at the top the stamp is from one of the Wendy Vecchi stamps ‘It’s Face Art’. 

The book started out as a very cheap 20p notebook from Asda. I covered the front with a page from an old book from a second hand shop. I coloured the background with a selection of chalk inks. I love the effect of the chalk inks and they blend perfectly and keep it looking a bit vintage.  

I stamped the word and the pear image twice onto some card. I coloured the pear on one of the stamped images with some h20s (Cosmic Shimmer have similar paints), left to dry and then cut the pear out. The other stamped pear image I attached to the notebook and then coloured with watercolour pencils. I also cut out the word ‘journal’ and coloured it to match the overall notebook.  

The word and the cut out pear were stuck onto the notebook with 3d foam, for a bit of dimension. 

Finally I added a few leaf stamps from the Wendy Vecchi set, which finished it nicely.


Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous alteration Mandy. The colours look beautiful and the stamping is fab.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your customised notebook, Mandy. The soft and subtle colours suit the stamps perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! Love this kind of project, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeus mix of paper and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful transformation - just lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...