Monday, 31 December 2012

January Calendar Page by Deborah


 
 

As a child I remember making a calendar each year at school for Mum, using one of my drawings and those little one month-to-a-view calendars. Amazingly, you can still buy them (the cheapest I found are in Wilkinsons). So I thought that this year I would make a calendar page each month to showcase the latest stamps available at That’s Crafty!

January features one of the amazing Alice Palace stamps: British Bulldog. After stamping and colouring him with ProMarkers, I cut him out and glued him (glue stick) onto another stamped image - Crafty Individuals CI343. Then I mounted that onto Creative Expressions Newsprint, coloured with Mustard Seed Distress Stain. Everything is stamped with my favourite Jet Black Archival Ink.

I tore off the January page, trimmed the ragged top and coloured it with the Mustard Seed Distress Stain. I stuck both parts onto grey card from my stash and used my Bind it All to make the perforations.

Rather than a calendar, which ordinarily you would make all in one go, you could also use the calendar pages as dividers in a home-made smash book for 2013, binding it all together at the end. (You could also use book rings, bakers twine or Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon.) In keeping with the deliberate chaos of a smash book, the dividers don’t even have to be the same size or orientation.
 
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. brilliant. love the vibrancy of this and fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the warhol-esque colours on this. You can also print off calendar pages from the internet for free.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...