Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Believe Ornament by Laura


 
 
 

Items Used: 

First I cut the Grungeboard to size - the stamp is quite large, so this piece is about 7.5 inches long x 3 inches wide and then I painted it with Claudine Hellmuth Sable Brown paint. When this was dry, I added a layer of PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and then a layer of Claudine Hellmuth Traditional Tan paint. When dry, I rubbed on some Pitch Black Paint Dabber, to give the hanging a more worn/aged look.
 
I then stamped the Lynne Perrella image with VersaFine and coloured it in with Distress Markers. I also used a Sakura Clear Stardust pen on some areas, which hasn’t shown up in the picture but is quite sparkly in real life!
 
Finally, I added some Kaisercraft Pearls and added the link chain with some long fasteners and a Studio Calico Wood Venner embellishment, which was coloured with Picket Fence Distress Stain, for the finishing touch.
 
Laura

5 comments:

  1. You've made what is a very busy stamp into something understated and elegant - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely stunning vintage work of art! Perfect combination of image, techniques and colours... the balloon looks just wonderful against that crackled background - jaw-droppingly fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh just catching up. What a fabby hanging Laura. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...