Sunday, 4 November 2012

Up, Up and Away Postcard by Laura



I’m delighted to be hosting today over on Sunday Postcard Art and the theme is Hot Air Balloons. 
 

 

Firstly I stamped the hot air balloon and the compass from the Fair Skies Stamp Set and then I stamped the tree from the Tim Holtz Mini Classics set twice.

I then masked off the hot air balloon and blended 4 different shades of PanPatels (reds and yellows) for the background. I used a Sofft Mini Applicator to lay down the colour and finished off the blending with a blending sponge.

Finally, I coloured in the hot air balloon with a mixture of Neon Markers and Distress Markers.

Laura

9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful effects using the pan pastel, makes the balloon really glow. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pan pastel background and and I love the simple but effective composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic. love this card. very atmospheric

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderfully calming, and very sophisticated! I can see it very large, on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, very atmospheric. Like flying into a lovely red sky at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and the simplicity of this it is beautiful...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artwork is gorgeous! So beautifully created. TFS. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flying through the late evening sky...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Your background is so vibrant.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...