Monday, 5 November 2012

Pretty On Pink by Deborah


 
 
 
 

Pretty On Pink



I have been gradually collecting Distress Stains – and, actually, I think I prefer them to the inks. I wanted to use the Worn Lipstick Distress Stain I bought recently, along with my favourite Wild Honey, and this card evolved from that wish.

Using Jet Black Archival ink throughout, I first stamped the row of buildings from PaperArtsy Hot Pick 1110 along the bottom of some white card. I stamped them again on scrap paper and made a mask so that I could stamp the girl from PaperArtsy Vintage ID02. Then I masked her and stamped the flower from PaperArtsy Hot Pick 1111.

I dabbed the Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey Distress Stains over the background, putting the masks in place where necessary, before adding a smidge of Picket Fence Distress Stain in places. I added deeper colour around part of the stamp images using pink and yellow water soluble pastels. I added Broken China Distress Stain to the flower heads, adding a little purple water soluble pastel over the top. The girl’s face, wings and hands I coloured with white pastel. For the buildings I used Antique Linen Distress Stain with a little Wild Honey.

I coloured the girl’s dress with Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord Distress inks, applying them with a folded piece of Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool Replacement Ink Foam. Her hair was dabbed very lightly with Vintage Photo.

The stars are from Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge; the key and the sentiment from Sam Poole’s Vintage Heart (Creative Expressions). I stamped the bottles from Hot Pick 1110, glued them on and coloured with Wild Honey and  Bundled Sage Distress Ink.

I trimmed my artwork, mounted with double sided tape it on black paper and then onto a card blank.
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Great stamping... I love that you get to see the inky colours through the text within the girl!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the mix of stamps and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love how you have combined the images :) perfect
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning stamping, with a beautiful rainbow of colours. Now I really struggle with the stains and just end up with an inky mess. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic Deb. love this VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a masterclass in masking with stains Deborah!! Love how you have mixed those colours. Just like an autumnal sunset. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! What a great arrangement of stamps and great colours,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even better than the fragment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...