Thursday, 22 November 2012

Christmas Candle by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
This week I have decorated a candle using Oxford Impressions stamp set Christmas Wish.

This is just a basic candle that I saw when I was doing a shop in Tesco’s and I thought how well the large Santa from this stamp set would fit onto it (even when shopping my head is still crafting).

I stamped the Santa and the Star three times onto white tissue paper - I personally like to use a tissue paper with a slight sheen on one side of it, as I find it a little bit more gutsy and forgiving when being handled.

I used a Black Versafine ink pad, as it keeps the detail well when stamped onto tissue paper, some ink pads have a tendency to sink into the tissue a bit and can make the image a bit blurry. 

Once you have stamped your image you can colour it in if you want, I haven’t as I like the black on the cream candle, but this Santa would look lovely in a red coat and the stars in a nice golden yellow.

Cut out your images. Position them around your candle getting an idea of how you want to space them out. Keep one in place, wrap a piece of wax paper around the candle and heat gently with a heat gun, you will see the wax on the sheet start to melt, when it has gently remove the sheet from over your image. Repeat with the other images.

These are very quick and easy to decorate and the candles are inexpensive to buy, but once decorated they look really lovely, and done up in a cellophane bag with a ribbon tie would make great gifts.
 
See you next Thursday,
 
 
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. i love this, i love candle art... have yet to try it out. i have the candles, the wax paper ~ just need the time for a mess around. you are inspirational Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Carol, looks so professional, can just imagine me with just a melted waxy blob LOL. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful candle... so glad you left it b&w - the image is gorgeous enough!! Thanks for the detailed how-to too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...