Monday, 19 November 2012

Believe: A Card by Deborah



 

For this card I have chosen to work with the wonderful angel doll image from Lynne Perrella Collection 020. She is stamped onto copy paper in Jet Black Archival ink, as is the gemstone from Collection 019 and ‘Believe’ (from the Russian Doll) also from 019. The gemstones are painted with Distress Stains – just dab some onto a craft sheet and use a fine paintbrush. The angel doll is coloured with a mix of Distress Stains and ProMarkers.

For the background and the lace trim die-cuts (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) I went to my stash of home-made papers, decorated with a mix of acrylic paints, spray inks and Distress Stains, often through stencils and masks.  I also often add random stamping.

I cut my background paper in two and glued the doll, ‘Believe’ and the gemstones to one half with Mod Podge: Matte, then tore roughly round it and mounted it on black paper using double-sided tape. I used a glue stick to affix the lace trim die-cuts then taped it all onto a card blank which I had already covered with the rest of my background paper. 

To finish, I coloured a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon with Worn Lipstick Distress Stain, tied it into a bow and fixed it with Stix2 Silicone Adhesive. A few dots of Candy Cane Stickles Glitter Glue around her halo added the final touch.
 
Deborah

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debs, fantastic, love the collage effect, was so tempted by this set too. Could happily of had the full set LOL. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Deborah, love everything about it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours and the composition Deb! fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more fabulous now I can see the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...