Thursday, 1 November 2012

Altered Wooden Cheese Box by Carol Fox




 
 
First of all let me say how pleased I am to be joining the talented bunch of crafters who already make up the That’s Crafty Design Team, I look forward to many months of happy crafting here. 

For my first DT piece I have altered a small wooden cheese box. I have used a new one for my project but the ones you get your cheese in from the supermarket will do just as well, as by the time its finished with, none of the writing on it will show. 

I started by giving my box a coat of paint using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints, the base coat is Sky, I applied a top coat using Honey Dew and applying it with Cut N Dry foam, to get a shabby chic finish as opposed to a total coverage.

Then using the Autumn Leaves Flourished V.2 set, I embossed in silver over the entire box (removing the lid to get up to the rim). 




 
 
My main image and the snowflakes are from the Yummy set of Oxford Impressions stamps “Christmas Wish”. I stamped these in black Archival ink and then used Frosted Lace Stickles over the snowflakes to give them a gentle shimmer. 

The main image I stamped onto white card and coloured it in with Distress markers and then stuck it to the lid using matt Mod Podge, this is great for sticking down images as it leave no residue round the image when it dries which is handy if you are a bit messy like me.

The book plate is one from my personal stash and is years old, the Tim Holtz one’s fit the quote very well, which is from the Adage Tickets in the Idea-ology range.

Once it was all thoroughly dry. I randomly dotted Glossy Accents onto the lid and generously applied Frantage Shaved ice, I let this dry and then shook of the excess, then I needed more bling so I added more Glossy Accents and this time shook on Frantage Silver Crushed Glass Glitter, again when dry remove the excess. 

There it is a thoroughly blinged box.  

See you next week for my next project.

Carol x

7 comments:

  1. amazing work Carol.... so textural

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautfiul transformation of a humble cheesebox. I love the scattering of shaved ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little box Carol, full of lovely Christmas bling x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh very pretty and shimmery, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Carol, and a double bonus if you buy one filled with cheese as you get to enjoy that as well. May have to have a go myself as I always make a container for chocolate coins for my two nieces (now aged 25 and 20)
    Ann B
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Carol! My husband buys cheese boxes especially for me but leaves the cheese in there for ages til they stink!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious altered box, Carol - the embossed silver round the edges is fantastic, and i love the sparkly lid!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...