Friday, 9 November 2012

A Rustic Christmas by Paula Tidman


 

 

I used the the lovely Soul of the Rose stamp plate by Oxford Impressions again to make my rustic style Christmas decoration. The Madonna and Child is such a serene and gentle image I wanted to make something in muted and natural colours.

I found a small piece of plywood in the garage which I sanded down and rubbed over with gilding paste in antique gold, but it would look equally good painted with Fresco Finish paints then sanded slightly to show some of the wood. I stamped the Madonna and child with coffee Archival ink onto the Lesley Riley Transfer Art Paper (TAP) which is a must have item of mine now. I tinted the stamped image with some photo markers, but any water based markers, inks or paints would be fine.

Then I cut around the stamped image and ironed onto a small piece of cream linen. I'm always amazed how clear the impression is and how well it transfers to fabric. I stitched onto a small piece of hessian (burlap) and glued onto some paper and then onto the plywood. I added a wooden heart button from Creative Expressions. I printed some text and glued onto a couple of pieces of driftwood gluing again to the hanging. I screwed a couple of eyelets so I could attach some brass chain to complete my Christmas decoration.
 
Paula

4 comments:

  1. This is divine Paula. I live the vintage colour and beautiful image.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece Paula, love the muted colours! Must check out that paper you mention, sounds like amazing stuff. This is just the most gorgeous Christmas piece, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful, with all the deep beauty, serenity and thoughtfulness of a religious icon - amazing work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...