Saturday, 6 October 2012

Trick or Treat Card by Mandy C


 
 

 

I’ve been having a LOT of fun playing around with the new Mini Hallowe’en Set from Tim Holtz. Here is the first card I’ve made.
 

What I used




·       Take a piece of 9cm x 9cm white card ~ spray with green spritzers. 
 
·       Take a piece of 10cm x 10cm white card ~ spray with orange spritzers. 
 
·       Take a piece of 11cm x 11cm white card and spray with dark purple ~ I’ve used   Raven but I also think True Blood Glimmer Mist would look good with this. 
 
·       Dry the pieces of card with a heat tool. 
 
·        Firstly, stamp the trick or treaters along the bottom of the green card… the stamp should just fit on. Stamp the ‘trick or treat’ words above the umbrella and the bats from the mini Halloween set toward the right and off the card.  Lastly, stamp the cobweb randomly over the card. Heat set the archival ink. Edge the green card with chalk ink.
 
·       I’ve used double sided adhesive tape to mat and layer the different coloured cards. On the orange I’ve drawn a very random set of lines around the card.  
 
·       Add some depth with a dark watercolour pencil and then highlight bits of the stamping with white gel pen.


Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Was waiting to see what you did with this set and it is fab, as always. I love the the lines on the orange matte - reminds me of a wooden frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little Halloween guys... they look just great here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...