Monday, 29 October 2012

This is the Life: Mail Art by Deborah




 
 


I have never altered an envelope before so this is a bit of an experiment. I think it turned out okay for a first attempt and I certainly enjoyed making it and want to do more.
I used an ordinary DL (business) envelope, stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink and used various ProMarkers to colour everything, including the background.
First I stamped the tag from Stampers Anonymous Classics #10 to carry the address. Along the bottom I stamped a border using the stripes from Claudine Hellmuth Domestic clear stamp set. Then I added the little journaling stamp from My Mind’s Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing top right for the return address. The postage stamp frame is a free cover stamp from a recent Craft Stamper.
On a separate sheet of white paper I stamped Mary Vogel Lozinak’s Top Hat Birdie (Queen Kat) twice and Catslife Press This is the Life, coloured them with ProMarkers, then adhered them with a glue stick. (If I was a better stamper, I could have stamped them straight on the envelope but I’m not that good at positioning rubber stamps that don’t have the image printed on the reverse.)
The arrows (which are stamped with StazOn Pumpkin) and starbursts are from My Mind’s Eye - Indie Chic - Ginger - Pictures; the stars are another Craft Stamper cover stamp; Zepplefish Post and Par Avion are from PaperArtsy Hot Pick 1111.
I coloured the background with Lime Green ProMarker before stamping the stars, starbursts and words. I used a black ballpoint pen to edge some of the images and also for doodling the small decorative circles.
 
Deborah

11 comments:

  1. Fun piece of mail art! Sounds like you're in need of a stamp positioner ;o) (mine is home made from a handful of Lego bricks, you don't need to spend lots of money - let me know if you want details!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute wow of an altered envelope Debs! The stamping looks amazing and I'm very impressed you coloured the background so beautifully with Promarkers (in my case larger areas always look yuk lol)
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific; zany and original,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous envelope. Fabby colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice piece of mail art.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful. It will definitely cause a smile from the person who receives this through their letterbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous idea, so bold and funky, great idea to alter an envelope. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great altered envelope - how much fun to have that drop onto your mat instead of the usual boring brown envelopes! Love the bright bold colours and that bird stamp in particular.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic! Love the use of the tag for the address and the whole thing is so vibrant .... that's one envelope that'll never be thrown out x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...