Thursday, 4 October 2012

Steampunk Heart by Laura



 
 
 

Materials used:


I stuck together a couple of chipboard hearts with Cosmic Shimmer Glue and then covered them in different size pieces of Ranger Metal Foil.
Then I used some metal tools and a retractable pen to make various different shapes/dents/holes in the foil. I then added some mini gears which I topped with Kaisercraft pearls and I added some washers and joined them with some normal office staples. All the embellishments were stuck down using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.

Finally, I covered everything with the pitch black dabber and rubbed it off using a paper kitchen towel. I haven’t decided what to use to hang it with yet – maybe some fuse wire? 

Laura

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your faux metalwork, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that's gorgeous, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous effect on the heart with the metal and loving all the cogs and gears. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...