Saturday, 27 October 2012

Steampunk Clock by Laura








Items Used: 

Clock Kit
Gold Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Markers 
 

Firstly, I covered the cardboard clock base with gold acrylic paint, then layered on some PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze and then added a layer of Eco Green Crafts Acrylic Paint - Sand. I wanted a “grungy” look, so I wasn’t particularly careful when putting on the layers of paint and crackle glaze. 

When dry, I stamped the Steampunk Hats with VersaFine, then coloured them in with Distress Markers and Letraset Metallic Markers. As I would be covering the whole lot in Matt Medium, I used the metallic markers for their colour rather than for a metallic finish. Next I added some micro watch parts to give a 3D element, using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue. It doesn’t show up in the photo but I also added Glossy Accents to the 2 clock faces on the hats.

I had already spritzed through the clock mask from the set of mini masks with Dylusions Ink Sprays, so I cut this out and glued it to the centre of the clock base. I painted the cardboard numbers with a Black Soot Distress Marker and then pressed the numbers onto a VersaMark Watermark pad. I then sprinked them with Sticky Stuff and heated until the Sticky Stuff melted, then I dipped them into some gilding flakes. I left them to dry and then rubbed the excess off with my fingers, as I wanted some of the black background to show through. I also added some gilding flakes to the clock hands. 

Finally, I glued the numbers onto the base and covered the whole lot with matt medium, making sure not to cover the clocks covered in the Glossy Accents. You do need to be careful when using the Matt Medium though, as the Distress Markers can run.
 

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Very cool clock - love the blended colour and patina in the centre!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous clock. I love all the texture going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Clock Laura, love those steampunk cats so cool. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...