Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Enjoy the Moments by Alan Scott



 
 
 
We sometimes think that a card has to have a image as the main focal point of a card. However, there are lots of larger text style stamps out. This text image came from a wonderful set of stamps by PaperArtsy called Hot Picks 1206. JustRite have produced a set of stamps that fit in just perfectly, if you have the Edgeabilities Dies and I have used Classic Scallop Borders. 

MATERIALS NEEDED:
 
LET'S MAKE A CARD:

This is a simple to construct card. It can be broken down into 3 stages. The first stage is the text. Using the Coffee Bean Ink, ink up the stamp and then make an impression. Use your heat tool to speed up the drying process if you're in a hurry. When dry, place the square die - if you don't have one, just cut out a square.
Cut out using the die. Leaving in the die, take your Blending Tool and with the Tea Dye ink, gently go over all the edges. Leave to one side.
The next step is the flower. Using the same Dew Drop ink pad, stamp out 3 of the flower image that's included in the set. 1 of the images will be cut out carefully and then used as a base layer for our simple decoupage. The other 2 layers are cut right up to the inked line. Using the water brush, start to draw the colour in and cover any white edges. While each layer is still damp, carefully mold the flowers into a concave shape - this is just to give the flowers some definition and not just lay flat. When they are dry and ready, using a good strong clear glue, build up the flower into 3 layers and then place to once side to set.
Now then, the lace border. I have never looked into this form of stamping before. I would just spend ages searching for ribbons or lace and then accept sometimes 2nd or even 3rd best. I came across these stamps while doing my coffee morning searching the store with a cuppa and noticed them. They also have the added bonus of being able to be cut out using my Spellbinders, so double whammy on that front. So taking the same ink as the rest of the stamping, I inked up the stamp and then stamped it out onto a piece of decorative paper I had. This was the 3rd whammy, as I can now use up all those oddments I have saved up, YIPPIE!!!!!
When the ink had dried, I selected the Spellbinders Scalloped die and secured onto the paper and cut it out. It was a perfect cut and it matched perfectly. So a whole new world has been opened up in the embellishment world!
I picked out an embossing folder, as I wanted to give the lace some definition and not just be flat. After all lace is layers and not flat. My Cuttlebug came out of semi retirement as the Caliber had been the main player in town. All I had to do now was to trim the top and sides.
Now the fun part - building up all the different parts. The text image was secured onto some gold mirror card and the corners were trimmed using a corner cutting die. This was then secured into place on top of the lace ribbon. The flower was secured just over the corner of the text. As it was all one sided, I just added some Card Candi embellishments. As you know, these are one of my Desert Island Must Haves, as they are perfect for any card project - even Scrapbooking, I have to add.
There you have it, a card for sending to a friend/family member for no reason at all. Just to say Hi etc.
 
Alan

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...