Monday, 17 September 2012

Christmas Baubles by Deborah


 
 

This card features the wonderful Stampers Anonymous Classics #10 stamps – chosen by Tim, but designed by Michelle Ward who is one of my favourite artists and stamp designers. The background was inspired by Kate Crane’s article in the October issue of Craft Stamper.
To create the background, I sprayed two different green Dylusion sprays onto a craft sheet and pressed white card onto it. I blotted it with kitchen towel and carried on mopping up the ink until the card was covered. One more lot and then I flicked water at it, blotting one last time. I dried it with a heat gun for good measure.

Next I dabbed an Adirondack Snow Cap Acrylic Paint Dabber through a Crafter's Workshop template and set it with the heat gun.
I stamped the round bauble three times in Archival Ink: Jet Black onto the background. Then I stamped a flourish border on the left hand side - and Christmas sentiments (un-mounted and flexed to give a patchy effect) in various places.
I stamped the bauble three times on a separate piece of white card and coloured them with Distress Stains in Barn Door, Broken China and a mix of Crushed Olive and Wild Honey. I cut them out (minus the hanging wire) and glued them onto the background.
Kate Crane sewed roughly round the edges of the card, but as my sewing machine is still in storage, I used a stitch type stamp, again in the Archival Ink. Then I stamped the pine needles from Classics #10 in Pine Needles Distress Ink to soften the effect of the stitching and fill in gaps.
The baubles still needed something, so I smeared on some Distress Stickles Glitter Glue in Antique Linen with my finger and added some fine glitter in gold, red and blue while it was still wet - Art Glitter: Santa Tag would be good choice if you don’t have any. Glitter is notoriously hard to photograph well, or it is for me, so I apologise for the colours not showing up. It looks much better – and subtler – in real life.
Lastly, I cut the bow using a Sizzix die from a spare stamped bauble, and glued it to the central bauble. I mounted the piece onto a black card blank with strong double sided tape.
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous colours Deb... you are getting way ahead with the christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah, ooh love those colours, the background is fab, will have to have a go again with spray inks. I usually end up with a sad and soggy bit of paper, that gets chucked in the bin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Debs. Really love the rich colours and grungy effects.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely saturated colours on this - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the background and that lovely shade of green, looks fabulous with those baubles set against it.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally, totally lush Deb! I love the background, it really makes the baubles stand out and the stitching looks real!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...