Monday, 24 September 2012

Bling Skull by Laura




 
 

Materials Used:


Firstly, I cut out my skull template and then used this to cut out my skull from the Clearly for Art Film. I used the clear, so that I could leave my template behind and see where to place my various elements.

I then filled in the eyes and nose with black rhinestones and then the teeth with Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue. When the glue was dry, I covered the whole of the back of the skull with IndigoBlu FlitterGlu and then covered this with two different types of gilding flakes.

When this was dry, I then started adding the rhinestones, pearls, microbeads and glass glitz in random patterns. I then added a Metal Foil heart that I had distressed and a screw top brad. The chin is a piece of clay that I had in my stash that I coloured with mica pigment.
 
Finally, I removed my template and covered the back with black card.
 
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura!So glad you posted this, it's wonderful and so inventive. I love his pva teeth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, so unusual, I'm with Deborah, the teeth are great and I love that he/she is smiling reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...