Monday, 10 September 2012

Autumn Gift Pocket by Deborah




 

I borrowed Mandy’s ATC/pocket tag format and upsized it to make it a gift pouch for some sketching pencils. It would work just as well for garden centre gift vouchers or tickets to visit an aboretum.

First I cut a piece of sturdy white A4 card lengthwise, making sure my strip was wide enough to take the pencils. Don’t forget to allow for the double sided tape to secure the sides of the pocket (I cut my tape in half length-wise). Then I folded one end up to make the pocket but didn’t stick it down until after I’d stamped and coloured the tag.

I stamped the oak leaf from new the Tim Holtz Autumn Blueprint stamp set all over my tag in Adirondack Espresso. Then I coloured the leaves with ProMarkers and water soluble pastels in autumnal shades. I filled in the background with Wild Honey Distress Stain. I stamped the acorn on a separate piece of card, coloured it as before, then cut it out and attached it to pocket. I also coated the acorn with Ranger Mini Crackle Accents.

To finish, I added some rustic raffia and string and fabric leaves from my stash.


Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Great idea, love the touch of raffia, looks just like twigs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like this very much. Great idea.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh what a fab idea, love the addition of those pencils, great touch

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set of stamps and your take on a gift tag Deborah. Just beautiful. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous idea, love the autum look.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag and great idea for a gift. I'm loving those new stamps too, haven't seen them before .... now reaching for my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, love the colours too. Just thinking it with xmas stamps etc would make a good wee stocking filler for xmas (sorry but had to mention it) or for school fundraisers. My mind is racing now..... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...