Monday, 6 August 2012

Shabby Fabric Tin by Paula Tidman






I used this pretty set of cling butterfly stamps from Hampton Art to make this shabby fabric tin.
I ironed a piece of cream calico and stamped the large text stamp with black Archival ink and buffed on some Old Paper Distress ink. Then I stamped the butterfly stamps onto some patterned linen and ironed on some Bondaweb (which is a double sided adhesive paper for fabric) and it also stops the fabric from fraying.



Then I cut out the butterflies and ironed on to the text image and using more Bondaweb, I mounted it onto another layer of frayed fabric. I added some decorative stitching - this is optional as the bondaweb is very secure. I used the lid of the tin as a template and cut out a larger piece of fabric. Using more Bondaweb, I ironed on the fabric collage and ironed the whole piece onto the metal tin. I glued on some lace trim and a bow. Then I added some stretch lace round the base of the tin to complete my shabby tin.

Paula

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...