Thursday, 30 August 2012

Dreamer: Card by Deborah


 
 

I made the background a while ago and if I remember correctly, I dry brushed white gesso onto black card, adding Eco Green Acrylic Paints and Distress Stains, some of it through sequin waste. As an easy alternative, try Crafter's Workshop Mini Punchinella, Crafter's Workshop Mini Chicken Wire, or That Special Touch Large Polka Dot Mask instead.
Using Cobalt Archival ink, I stamped images from PaperArtsy Vintage Ink & The Dog 02 and IndigoBlu Grand Tour III. I wiped them lightly with a damp baby wipe so they merged into the background.

On a separate sheet of paper, I stamped the girl from the same PaperArtsy set in Cobalt Archival ink and coloured the white areas with coloured pencils before cutting her out and gluing her to the background.

I sprayed Dylusions sprays through a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Compass Mask, cut it in half and glued it to the card.

Finally, I mounted my finished piece onto black card and then glued that to the card blank.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous... did you know it's my birthday soon? lol totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combo of elements and the muted colours look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the overall look of this one Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours and design as always x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love that stamp Deb and you have used her to perfection :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog! You are so talented! Love your art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...