Friday, 27 July 2012

Vintage Fleuriste Box by Paula Tidman





   

Hope you are all basking in the gloriously sunny weather we are having at the moment, still finding time to craft of course.
I decided to pack away my sewing machine and get out my paintbrush for my DT project. I used a plain wooden box and gave it a few coats of Fresco Finish Snowflake Paint. Then I gave it a light sanding to make the surface ready for stamping.
I inked up the gorgeous JustRite Cling Mounted Stamp - Fleuriste Newsprint Background with black Archival ink. I find it easier to lay the stamp on a hard flat surface and press the box directly on to it. I lightly tinted and painted with Distress inks and sealed with a thin coat of Satin Glaze. A gold knob and tassel completed the project.

Paula

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful little box! Interested to hear how you stamp onto the box - perhaps I need to try that to avoid smudges! Thank you for that.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful alteration, such a pretty box. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning piece, Paula. Is the gold on the edges paint or treasure gold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you kind comments, oops Deborah I forgot to mention that. It is a gold krylon pen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome as always Paula!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Paula. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Just Rite stamps and this one is a stunner, as is your box of course. Thanks for the tip on how you stamp it! Really like the addition of the tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, love what you have done with this stamp ( it fell into my basket a couple of weeks ago and I love it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fantastic Paula, love the stamping you did, it looks wonderful, and the box is a wonderful piece.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, as always Paula, I love the beautiful simplicity of this piece. Sorry, but the link to that stamp set is not working for me

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning! I am running out of words for your gorgeous work, and I am starting to act like a mad stalker! I am going to buy this stamp now, just because of your box,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...