Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Penny Farthing Card by Deborah





I began by tearing strips of masking tape and sticking them randomly to a card blank, making sure to overlap them in places. I then swiped Weathered Wood and Scattered Straw Distress Ink lightly over the top, highlighting the edges.

I stamped Kaisercraft Vintage Love twice onto cartridge paper in Memento Paris Dusk. After applying Scattered Straw ink with cut n dry foam to both images, I tore roughly around one of them. I used double sided tape to stick this to a torn and crumpled piece of blue vellum before machine sewing around the edges in blue cotton. I glued the sewn pieces to the card blank with Modge Podge.

Then I stamped the bunting and the arrow border – both from My Mind’s Eye - Follow Your Heart – Be Amazing, in Memento Paris Dusk and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I cut the wheels from the second image and découpaged them on top, using foam tape, for added dimension. I inked over the wooden embellishments with Scattered Straw and glued them onto the card with Modge Podge.

Deborah

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping and stitching, and such yummy vintage colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things to love here. Great idea laying vellum over the masking tape background so it doesn't get lost. The double image really works too. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very english summery feel to this. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous, layered creation. Love the use of stitching and the muted tones. Thanks for explaining what you did - it's like having a lesson and I learn so much from posts like these.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the separate wheels - same pattern, different orientation looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use og masking tape :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this - fab colours, stamping and layering!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...