Monday, 9 July 2012

Dandelion Clock Card by Deborah






I first saw this background technique a few months ago in Craft Stamper. All you do is ink up an acrylic block and use it as a stamp. Because my Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pads are new and very juicy, I pressed them straight onto the block rather than swiped them over it. This also gave the impression a mottled look, rather than flat colour.

Once my background was dry, I stamped images from Marion Emberson’s Birthday Kisses by Personal Impressions in Black Soot Distress Ink.  Although the words didn’t show up well, I don’t think this really matters – they just add texture. I also used Black Soot to stamp the sentiment.

Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Fab card love the background, might give that a try sometime!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one layer card, the block background looks fab with the dandelion clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great clean and simple card....like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely perfect. I was fancying this technique in CS and now I must try it,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...