Thursday, 7 June 2012

Vintage Sewing Box by Paula Tidman






I’m loving these JustRite cling stamps that are new in stock. They are beautifully detailed and perfect for larger projects and cards. I chose to make a vintage sewing box using Grandmas Attic background. I cut my box lid and stamped in the centre. Using Distress inks in Old Paper, Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo, I buffed all over the stamped image. I added detail with my inktense pencils and a water colour brush. Then I buffed on some micro glaze sealant and stitched around the stamp.  I find Matte Medium invaluable, it forms a really strong bond and is perfect for gluing the the lid together and the base of the box.

I stamped an old advertisement and buffed with Vintage Photo and downloaded some vintage sewing ephemera to complete the contents of my box.


Paula

6 comments:

  1. Love the mix of stamping and digital downloads. They blend seamlessly. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Paula! I love the sewing on the sewing box...nice touch!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic creation Paula, you've done it again :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box Paula, love it! Just Rite are one of my favourite stamp companies and I love it that they are more widely available in the UK now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much ;)

    http://sewingbreakdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...