Saturday, 16 June 2012

Memory Lane Card by Alan Scott





This image is from a stamp collection from Crafty Individuals - CI274. This stamp set comes in 2 parts that you have to cut out (don't worry about that as it's an easy cut line).
Before I go into details on how I made this card, I do have to say that it's not an easy project BUT with a little time and taking things easy, you to can achieve a card just like this one.

SHOPPING LIST:

One 8” x 6” card blank
Selection of ProMarkers
Tartan ribbon (use what you have in your stock)
One ribbon tag
Text stamp
Good quality ProMarker white paper
7”x 4” blue & silver mounting card
Black dye ink pad (I have used Memento Tuxedo Black)

ProMarker Ultra Fine Nibs 
Glossy Accents
Backing paper
Scrap photocopy paper
Normal crafty items like scissors, trimmer, double sided tape, craft knife etc.

HOW TO MAKE:

The stamp comes in 2 parts, so the first thing we have to do is get used to the placement of them so that we don't see an overlap.
My first 100 attempts were not good on scrap paper lol but after a few, I did manage to work out the placement of the stamps. I used a ruler and drew a very faint pencil line to build up a grid. Once again my Friskars East Stamp Press was just perfect, as I could see the grid lines I had made and managed to get a good stamped image.
Once the image had dried (I gave it a quick blast with the heat gun, just to fix the ink), the fun starts - we get to colour in! The ProMarker Fine Tip Nibs are just perfect for this kind of very fine colour work. Before I place a colour onto an image, I always do a quick scribble on some spare paper that's the same as the stamped image. I have a folder that contains lots of failed stamped images and I use these for testing the colour of a marker before using it. The last part of the colouring for me was the sky but I decided where the start and finish of the card topper would be before I did it. I left a few mm either side and used the sky colour to go down the sides ,so there was no white left.
When that was done, I trimmed it down and then mounted it onto the blue card leaving a 5mm trim all round. Then it was placed onto the silver card, again with a 5mm border all around.
After I had covered the blank card with my backing paper, I decided the placement of the ribbon, ribbon buckle and the topper and then using a good clear glue, I placed the topper into place.
After I stamped my text, I then secured the ribbon onto the card. All that was left to do now, was to use the Glossy Accents and ‘glaze’ all the windows on the image, leaving it flat to dry for a while and there youy have it.

Any problems or questions please send me a message and I will do my best to help you.
HAPPY CRAFTING

Alan

1 comment:

  1. It was worth persevering - your Memory Lane is fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...