Saturday, 19 May 2012

Sk8rboi - Card for a Teenager by Deborah





I stamped Kaisercraft Vintage Fence with Adirondack Pitch Black Paint Dabber (clean your stamp immediately!). I stamped the image again, in dye ink (any colour) onto post-it notes and cut round it to make a mask. Then using the Pitch Black paint again, I stamped Kaisercraft Vintage Graffiti above it.

Once the paint was dry, I coloured the stamped images with Distress Stains in Barn Door, Faded Jeans and Wild Honey.

I was tempted to leave things there, as it looked pretty good to me. However, I wanted to play up the urban theme. Now I don’t have any suitable stamps, so I looked through the clip art in Microsoft Word until I found this photograph of a skateboarding teenager.

Using my image editing software, I digitally removed the background and applied the Threshold filter to create a silhouette then printed it out onto copy paper. I dabbed the Wild Honey and Faded Jeans Distress Stains around the edges then tore carefully round the image, edging it with a black Promarker, and glued it on with a glue stick.

Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Hiya, what a fabulous idea, struggle to do anything remotely male or teenagery, so this is a great inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours and composition, Deborah. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and perfect for a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...