Friday, 4 May 2012

Fabric Bookmark by Paula Tidman


I hope everyone is managing to stay cheerful despite the dreadful weather. My Sisters visit from the States has been a very soggy one, but we did manage to spend her last day in the sunshine before she jetted off home. I haven’t managed to squeeze in as much crafting as I’d have liked, but I’m still really enjoying using these fantastic Lynne Perrella stamps, they are so versatile. I think this one is definitely my favourite. It has a very historic Tudor feel.  I loved the political intrigue of the Wars of The Roses when I was at school and still find that period of history fascinating, so I really enjoyed making this bookmark.


I used some white calico fabric, which I painted with gesso. Zapped dry with a heat gun, then stamped the Lynne Perrella image with black Archival ink. I used inktense pencils to colour the image then I sealed the image with some matte medium and left to dry.  I tore a strip of linen, frayed, distressed and then stamped with a script stamp. I then stitched the two together and attached some eyelets and added a tassel to finish.
Paula

4 comments:

  1. Looking at your fab bookmark, Paula, I think I need to renew my Archival Black! Love that Lynne Perrella image too - the Tudor Rose is what attracted me to that stamp plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, yes I did re-ink the ink pad, put a bit too much ink on LOL. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bookmark Paula :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...