Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Victorian Altered Matchbox by Paula Tidman






When I saw these Lost Coast Designs Doll Stamps, I knew they would be ideal for an altered matchbox. I have never made one before and have seen quite a few on other blogs so was inspired to have a go. I imagined a Victorian child playing with this.

I started by painted the whole box with black gesso. Then I stamped the doll stamps on white stamping card and coloured with Distress Inks and watercolours. I placed the matchbox onto the stamped card and drew around it, then cut out and glued in place with Matte Medium. I sanded the edges down, then buffed the edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot. I also lined the inside of the box. I added a Tim Holtz hitch fastener to the draw, then I stamped and cut out two of the dolls and placed inside the draw with some lace.





 
Paula

2 comments:

  1. Love your matchbox Paula. I have done a few in the past but not for ages now but just signed up to a Facebook swap and I had thought to use a hitch fastener as well. Mine is just in the 'painted' stage at the moment.
    Congratulations on the Artistic Stamper win - Jennie is looking for your address if you didn't know.
    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it with the doll stamps, Paula! Fantastic matchbox.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...