Monday, 9 April 2012

Spring Goddess Card by Deborah






 

I made this card to highlight the fabulous goddess stamp from Lynne Perrella’s new LPC007 stamp plate.
After stamping her with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, I coloured her with Portfolio Pastels, which I blended carefully with a half dried baby wipe. Distress Inks or Distress Markers would give an equally muted, slightly grungy look.

I assembled my card with a variety of sprayed and stencilled papers using the following masks:  That Special Touch Leaves, Crafter’s Workshop Mini Flower Piercing and Mini Ringlets, plus an alphabet stencil I already had. There is a great new alphabet stencil on the site from Dylusions.  I used Adirondack Color Washes and Altered Originals sprays from Dyan Reaveley. These have been replaced by her Dylusions sprays and the colours seem very similar.

I finished the card by colouring the crown and adding dots using a gold leafing pen. I machine stitched round the edges of several of the papers and stitched on a mini tag (from a high street stationers) that I had stamped with an egg and a leaf. I let the threads hang from this.  A scrap of stamped paper and some painted textured wall paper filled in a space bottom left. The accent strip on the right with the perforations is from a ring-bound sketch pad.

Deborah

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, amazing colours.. love the stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonderful collage effect & the stitching. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see all the fabulous detail here Debs. The colours and textures are just amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love - it's fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...