Sunday, 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day Card by Mandy C





I started with a 5.5ins square scalloped card and cut a 5ins square of background paper. I stamped the large stamp from the Crafty Individuals Stamp - Crafty Elements - CI328 randomly over the background paper with a StazOn Solvent Ink Pad in Stone Gray. With black Archival ink, I stamped the sewing machine (from the same stamp set) at the bottom of the page. I attached a 1950’s lady (I took mine from the front of an old pattern and attached my Mum’s head) and stamped the button and needle pack (2) onto plain paper, which I then cut out and coloured with watercolours and arranged on the card.

I’ve used computer generated text, which I've cut out and coloured with a Cats Eye Fluid Chalk Ink Pad in yellow ochre. Before I attached the background to the base card, I stamped some script in grey ink (Kaisercraft Clear Stamp – Script) and a retro pattern stamp with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Pine Needles. I then used a water brush on the Distress ink to get a bit of colour onto the background. I used Pine Needles as it went with the image I used. 

I edged around the base card and background paper with a charcoal Cats Eye Fluid Chalk ink pad, then attached the background to the base and drew two wiggly lines around the edge of the card to ‘frame’ it.

Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Totally fab & unique! Bet your mum will adore it Mandy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, so cool, bet she loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card sure to be loved! The colours are gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...