Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Encourage Your Hopes Tag by Mandy C






Here is a giant tag that I've made, I am loving these big tags! Cut a tag out of card 9 x 17.5cm and cover the tag with an old book page. Use paint to randomly cover the tag. I’ve used Jenni Bowlin Dabbers (you could also use Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers) and a little bit of Distress Stain in Picket Fence. Once dry, I used the Queen Kat Designs stamp Boyz Scroll on the bottom of the tag, which I then coloured with a turquoise watercolour pencil. I used a Tim Holtz bitty stamp at the top of the tag and a Tim Holtz sentiment. I stamped the ‘be yourself’ fairy onto the tag but it didn’t stand out enough for me, so I then stamped onto plain card and coloured again with watercolour pencils, cut out and glued the fairy down. I used Tim Holtz Spills and Splatters stamp randomly and then edged the tag with Cat’s Eye Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan. 

Lastly, I highlighted the stamped images with a white gel pen. All images are stamped with Archival Black Ink.

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous tag Mandy. Love the painty background and the great contrast of the stamping against it.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this one! Brilliant tag, Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag, amazing background and love the focal stamp too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...