Stay Beautiful - Mixed Media Artwork by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello! This week I have a mixed media circular piece of artwork to share which should probably be called the tale of how something that went totally wrong was rescued! Do read on to hear what happened as it's proof that things can sometimes be fixed.

Step by Step:

As mentioned above, the starting point for my artwork was a panel which I started several weeks ago which went rather wrong and I put it aside as at that point I didn't know what to do with it. I had glued on crinkled collage paper and then started painting the flowers and leaves. I didn't like the effect and stopped at that point.

I later found that I was able to dilute the coloured areas by misting with water and then brushing on heavily diluted lavender multi surface paint over the top and around the edges. I brushed diluted light blue over the other areas to complete the background.






I next prepared some flowers to embellish my panel by stamping them on scraps of fabric with black ink. I used my Tim Holtz stamp platform for this as it really helps to get a crisp stamped image. I ironed heat bond on the back of the flowers and then ironed them on to thick interlining for stability.





I then stamped some leaves on fabric using the same method as above and you'll see that Melina's lovely leaf goes rather well with my flowers too. I didn't have any green fabric that wasn't too busy so I used yellow and then painted them with diluted lime multi surface paint. Result!





I glued a piece of vintage crochet lace to the background and added the flowers and leaves with dimensional glue. I finished off with some stickers and tied torn sari ribbon through the top.





Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Fanciful Flowers Set 1
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Doodled Butterflies & Leaves
That's Crafty! Surfaces - MDF Rounds - I used the largest 8in size
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Lavender, Light Blue, Lime
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Collage Paper - Botanical
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Big Chat Sticker Book
Black Pigment Ink
Extras - Vintage Crochet Lace, Torn Pink Sari Ribbon


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Beautiful piece of art! The stamps really work perfect together <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came back to use that collage background as it's so effective, your fabric flowers with the lace panel and leaves make a beautiful wall hanging.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save turned out lovely Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous Fliss, beautifully saved! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fliss it is adorable , so love what you did, with the lace and beautiful fabric flowers on top. The background round you added layers of diluted paint to , looks fantastic under the bouquet .
    Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly pretty. Stamping onto the fabric brings another tactile dimension and the colours are so vibrant, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook