Think Beautiful Thoughts by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend, I unfortunately have been working through it all, life is always hectic for me at this time of the year which also means crafty time is somewhat limited. I have managed to find a little time to make a card for you this week.


Here's What I Did:

I wanted to play with one of the latest Carabelle Studio art printing plates but wanted to use it as a stamp rather than it's intended printing. I created a gel print background blending together brayered stripes of Dina Wakley paint on the gel press and then pulling the print. 

I then wanted to use the large printing round as a stamp, as these are intended to remain unmounted I used it on a Stamping Platform, holding it in place with some temporary spray adhesive, and then stamped it onto the gel print. This is a large stamp and it took a couple of inkings to get a strong black impression, again the Stamping Platform makes this a doddle.

I then cut it out, I then stamped just the centre on a scrap of the same piece of gel print and again cut this out. I added highlights of white using a white gel pen. I also added splatters of paint in the same colours. Using foam tape I added the cut out centre over the main image. 


The background is simply black Archival ink stencilled through That's Crafty! Circle Line 8" x 8" stencil. I also added splashes of the same paint colours to that. 

The large flower was then added to the background using foam tape which gives some depth to it all. The final words are Tim's large Chit Chat stickers. Matted onto black card and added to an 8" x 8" card blank.

Here's What I Used:
Carabelle Studio Printing Stamps - Mandala Etoile
That's Crafty! 8" x 8" Stencil - Circle Line
Black Card
Card Blank
3D foam pads 
Temp Spray Adhesive Spray

Have a fabulous Crafty week and I'll hopefully get more time to play this week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. A very striking card Amanda and love how you used the printing image to make the lovely colourful focal point which looks just fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree very striking, love the bold black and white backdrop it really makes the focal imagery sing. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning image - and brilliant contrasts of colour and b&w as ever. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still managed to create a magnificent piece of art Amanda, using your limited free time to it's full potential. The background stencil looks amazing in black and the centre print is a genius idea, wouldn't this look amazing as a canvas..??
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card CC, your use of colour always me happy
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Amanda, brilliant use of these bright and beautiful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, sorry life is so hectic for you.
    This is amazing!
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook