A5 Journal Cover by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Hello Creative Friends

Today I would like to share the cover of my A5 Journal another quality product from
That's Crafty! and show you just how much product can be held upon the MDF.

Using 3D Gloss Medium I layered lace, buttons, beads and bottle tops along with odds 
and ends I had lying around onto the journal panel and allowed the medium to dry.
Sand Paste was dabbed around those uncovered areas.

 *NEW* Aqua and Basil Flat Matt spray was sprayed directly onto those layers. 


Whilst still wet white Gesso is applied to dull down the intensity of the sprays 
leaving a chalky finish.


The final embellishments match the content and theme of the pages within the journal.


A key ring is embellished with matching charms and a handmade Tyvek Bead.


Tied together with strips of lace a strong chain has been fixed to the top and bottom tie acting as a handle to carry or hang the journal. The key ring along with other beaded embellishments add that final touch of opulence. 


This MDF Journal Kit is full of components including rice paper, Tyvek, calico and tea bag paper to name but a few giving you a taster of materials to use in different ways and as you can see those MDF panels really can take as much as you can throw at them.

Thank you for sharing your time
I look forward to sharing more of mine
with you all very soon.

Crafty Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty! Flat Matt Spray Aqua - Basil
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Gel Medium
That's Crafty! Sand Texture Paste
Lace - Ribbon - Key Ring Fob - Chain 
Embellishments - Bottle Tops - beads and Buttons

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. I can see so many details on this great creation! Super.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lia, the MDF is of great quality holding the weight of all these added elements perfectly xx

      Delete
  2. This is amazing - such a fantastic MIXED MEDIA Cover - you are such an inspiraton always! WOW!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susi so kind with those compliments but anything covered in gesso and a pop of colour is always so inviting to the eye xx

      Delete
  3. Beautifully created as always Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cover, dear Tracey , a true treasure throw on the button of the beautiful sea, you have created - you must have had fun, finding all the sweet details ,and arranging them, to create this magic place. I love your tyvek bead, too - my dear.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dorthe, there's always bits and pieces lying around to create projects just like this xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Tracey, be still my beating heart, this is gorgeous! I love the sea themed elements you added on your fantastic mixed media cover and I love a beautiful tyvek bead! Absolutely beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, the cover was inspired by the new affirmations stamp set 8 that I was sent to work with. The compass was the key to it all and I need no excuse to add extra details hee hee xx

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful Tracey, so many treasures here xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful build of all those little treasures and textures, a fabulous journal cover
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, it's always so relaxing to play and create pieces just like this xx

      Delete
  8. Such lush textures Tracey, it looked really beautiful on the Hochanda show too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I have yet to watch both shows as the first show part recorded and the second failed, along with a very hectic week I feel i'm spinning round in circles this week not getting anywhere fast :/ xx

      Delete
  9. A mixed media triumph Tracey and such a mouth watering array of texture and detail. Really amazing!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fliss, always a pleasure to create with That's Crafty products as they do the job intended so well xx

      Delete
  10. Oh, I want to touch this! It's amazing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fabulous embellishing and the sea-bleached colour palette is glorious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Alison, is such a calming colourway xx

      Delete
  12. Tracey, the texture on this journal is out of this world beautiful! I love the colors and the elements you added to your collage. The fibers really add to the sense of drama. Totally love it! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Autumn, it's amazing just how much detail you can pull out when covering pretty much anything in Gesso xx

      Delete
  13. I love this GORGEOUS mixed media, Tracey!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much Mia, that makes me very happy xx

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness Tracey!!!.. a beautiful sea scene full of delicious texture and interest. I watched the first hochanda show and missed the second... and like you, when I came to watch rewind it would not work, I really didn't want to miss the show cos I wanted to see your samples, I reported it to hochanda, they were so helpful, anyways I did end up seeing it but had to use my pc. The kit is great with the different textures to play with, i neeed it!!Tracey I love your artwork, so creative and inspiring. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane you are always so supportive, from one creative to another I thank you so much. Technology can be a great thing but a pain when it lets us down. Glad you got to catch up in the end and YES the kit is FABULOUS xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook