She's no Wallflower by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Hello Creative Friends..

It's my turn to share some That's Crafty! creativity with today's 
creation focusing on the Pantone colour of the 2018 *Ultra Violet*

Here's today's how to do's in words and pictures..

Using one of my MDF Tester Tags (I often use these as a palette to 
mix paints and paste) I scratched back some of the surface using a fork.


Amelie was stamped then coloured in pencil using similar colours within the tag.
A left over found flower from Lynnes Affirmations was darkened with a purple brush pen.


Using Sari Yarn I spiralled patterns to create interesting shapes
all glued down using 3D Gel Medium and embellished with flat back gems.


Stippling white paint through the Cobble Stones Dinky Stencil
 helps break up some of those shades of purple.


With Amelie glued in place the flower acts as a hair 
accessory adorned with a large lilac pearl.

My Tag Creation is complete.


I've never been fond of the colour purple but it seems to be everywhere
at the moment and I must admit Donna's Fabulous Amelie looks fab in any colour.

Thank you for sharing your time
I look forward to sharing more of mine with you all
the same time next week.

Take care everyone

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Tag #8
That's Crafty! Stamps Donna's Girls Collection Amelie designed by Donna Gray
That's Crafty! Stamps Lynnes Affirmations SET 6
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil Cobble Stones TC111
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints White ~ Purple
That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Medium
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
Sari Yarn/Flat back Gems

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Loving all the colour and different textures on this, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is wonderful and I specially love the clever use of this Sari Yarn! Amazing ideas always Tracey! JUST Great!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi, I do love sari yarn and was lucky to find a really vibrant skein last week with threads that fitted perfect with this colour scheme xx

      Delete
  3. Oh she does look amazing, with that flower in her hair- dear Tracey,
    her beautiful hair and that eye you made live , with your coloring so gorgeous. I am all in love in the shawl you created using the yarn- a fabulous idea, dear friend- and the background wall, so great with the white details added for more light !!
    Sending you a warm big hug- my dear friend-- Dorthe, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like her Dorthe, Donna is so clever with her designs she makes us fall in love with them all xx

      Delete
  4. Love how you've put all the elements together to make this fabulous tag. Great textures and layers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of purple Tracey and I really love this absolutely gorgeous tag. Amelie looks amazing with her purple hair and the twists of sari yarn are inspired. Gorgeous background too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure what is is with purple, I think it reminds me of my college days hee hee.. but I think it refreshes the eye to work with colours we at times tend to avoid. Happy you like her Fliss and Thank you very much for the compliments xx

      Delete
  6. Love this work of art as always your excell beyond the normal creativity. love this.x💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like Annie, Donna's Girls always make for Happy Crafting xx

      Delete
  7. Exceptional creation Tracey but of course I have to be impartial don’t I but oh my word what you create with those girl stamps are just awesome. Funnily enough it took me ages to love purple too as that was my secondary school uniform colour so I was sick of it!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy i'd forgotten about my Secondary school uniform which was also purple, maybe that's it haa haaa!! Thank you for creating the Girls collection Donna they are fabulous to create with xx

      Delete
  8. Hee hee... what is it with purple!!!!... I am the same Tracey!!. But boy oh boy you have changed my mind now with this gorgeous creation,fabulous colouring that brings the stamped girl to life, and I just love what you have done with the wool I totally agree with Aussie Annie.. you always excell. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to embrace them all but I have to be honest, so sorry purple hee hee!!
      Thank you for your kind words Jane xx

      Delete
  9. Tracey, Your tag is beautiful- purple being my favorite color, I was drawn right in! Cool idea with those gems!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, i'm trying really hard with purple at the moment xx

      Delete
  10. I am definitely with you on the purple thing, but I think it is 'the' colour for this year, so you are very much 'with it' with this beautiful tag. Amelie is gorgeous with her purple hair and I love how you used the sari ribbon, it gives such lovely texture to her dress! Fabulous background too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is too Anne, maybe by the end of the year I will like it a little more hee hee.. Glad you love her Thank you xx

      Delete
  11. I'm especially loving the texture on the clothing. The sari yarn and the gems made it really pop. And I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lynda, isn't Sari Yarn one of the most magical things to work with?? Thank you so much for visiting x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook