Mixed Media Tag by Melina Dahl

11:00

Hello everyone!

It´s Melina here today sharing a mixed media tag. 
I used the new butterfly stamps from the Doodled Butterflies & Leaves stamp set.




Here´s what I did:


I make a patterned paper using different colours of Distress Oxides and a number of 
That´s Crafty! stencils, just as I did for the mushroom card two weeks ago. 
I stamp the butterflies on the paper and cut them out.
I make some splashes to the tag using a yellow Posca pen. 
Video on how I made the patina effect background HERE


I apply That´s Crafty! Light Texture Paste through one of my new favourite stencils, TC8024.
I layer pieces of gelli printed paper and cheese cloth, glue them together and use the same paste and stencil for texture.


Finally I assemble everything, make some splashes with black gesso, 
white emboss the quote on black cardstock and my tag is finished.


Products used:
That´s Crafty! Stencils: 
Cheese Cloth

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

See you next week,
xx Melina

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a fabulous tag Melina, you never stop giving to us all with your generous inspirational creations. I adore how you layer everything up and your Butterflies are simply amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Creative Wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so sweet of you Tracey - thank you so much 💕

      Delete
  2. Yes they are Melina, amazing!!!
    And love the gorgeous background you create, with layering papers and stenciling on top of each other !! Love the beautiful aqua tones highlighted wit the yellow on the butterfly .
    Hugs , Dorthe, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Melina. Your textured background is fabulous and love those beautiful butterflies.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Melina, your art always makes me smile
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook