Don't Doubt the Strength by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

Hello friends !

That`s Crafty! has a brand new product,
wonderful to use for little stories, called Chunkies.
This weeks make is such a Chunkie and I think I already fell in love with them!!
They come in a single MDF sheet ready to press out, paint and do with whatever you like!!




This is my first try and had to be with my loved birds and about spring!
First I painted the 6 panels with white, while still in the sheet and when dry, added texture with stencils, one side at a time using the Robin, Cog-Clock and Distressed Harlequin.

After dried I went over with my mix of White and Blue paint, front sides, back, sides and all!


The bird was detailed using tiny amount of Yellow and Black mixed together
and Blue and Black also mixed. Brown was painted onto the stenciled clock figures and white 
added as shadows.  A postage mark was stamped onto the front. On the back side of the Chunkie, the bird was stenciled, (drawing along the inside lines lines ) too and painted with same tones - the Harlequin pattern was giving shadowed effect using very thinned Brown!!


Time to add my nature finds, from garden and beach, together
with rusted fabrics. You can easily find branches and dried things, even on the streets 
now if you don't have a garden yourself. 
The eggs were once a gift from a Danish friend but you could make some with Paperclay.


Lastly I stamped two Affirmations from Lynne`s Set 1 and 3 onto
a scratch of paper, also painted with the white/blue mix, cut to fit and adhered to front and back.


I kind of like my first Chunkie and hope you do too.
Thank you for following me all the way and a wonderful new week to you all .

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used:
From my stash: Hot glue gun, beach and garden finds, eggs, rusted fabrics, dried plant fibers 

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Dorthe, this is a touch of Springtime!
    Beautiful use of the bird and the clock, the time is ticking passing so quickly, with Springtime just around the corner and the bird patiently waiting for it to arrive.
    I always love the inclusion of Mother Nature that you bring to your creations and this is two sided ... wonderful surprise to see the back of the Chunkie also decorated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lynne, thank you much, my friend- - and for seeing the meaning of the clock :-) yes , two little birdies in the same house ,lol- being friends, and nesting together . xxx

      Delete
  2. A really beautiful creation Dorthe with so much lovely texture and you've really brought the robin stencil to life too. Love those gorgeous nature additions too and longing for Spring here as it's still very cold.
    We do have robins building a nest in our ivy though.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky Fliss, having robins built, after moving to the city, even having a garden- not too many smaller birds, visits us- only the bigger ones- - thank you dear for your lovely words, to me. xxx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful and unique project Dorthe! Amazing!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi so much , I am so happy for your visits - Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  4. Incredible inspiration and I love your neutral color palette Dorthe! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn, thank you, soooo much so sweet of you to visit- Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, aren’t the chunkies fabulous I think I have a new addiction, love the whole spring feel to this make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou much Amanda, ,yes they are fabulous, and can be used in so many ways !! Can`t wait to see from you :-)
      Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  6. Your display is a double treat for us dear Dorthe, I love every inch of detail you have poured into this.. a true labour of love. You have presented us with heart warming beauty, your stencilled birds are the sweetest. A wonderful first with the chunkie.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Tracey, thank you always for your loving words, dear lady,- I can`t deny this sort of creations are nearest to my heart, so I`m happy you love it dear friend.
      Warmest hugs, Dorthe- xx

      Delete
  7. awwww so so adorable. much love on this...but you knew that from me ! did you not.awsome piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorte, thank you, very much, oh I know about your love for birds :-) , and am happy you love mine, too .
      Knus fra Dorthe

      Delete
  8. So beautiful Dorthe! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Melina- so appreciate your words . Knus fra Dorthe

      Delete
  9. Oh lookie ... a product named after me. LOL. Sorry. This piece is brilliant. Dorthe knows her way around products - everything she creates is genius.

    Thank you for sharing!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol-lol- I don`t think so , Sue ...... thank you dear friend, for your kindest words, so sweet of you,-
      Hugs, Dorthe
      xo

      Delete
  10. Dorthe Dear I do like your very first Chunkie very much because it is created in your signature Nature with Birds style. So sweet and lovely. Creative Chunkie Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much dear Sherry- for your visit and your kindest words.
      Hugs from Dorthe, xo

      Delete
  11. Apologies for being late with my comment sweet Dorthe but I know you’ll forgive me ;). I absolutely adore this, you are so at one with nature that I think of you as a little woodland sprite sharing all the wonderful sights of Mother Nature you see everyday, truly beautiful work
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dorthe!! I do like your first chunkie, more than just kinda! heehee I love it!! Absolutely delightful my dear!!
    huge hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook