Chase the Winter Blues Away by Jo Channon

11:00

Hello Crafty friends,

I was thinking with all of this horrible, cold weather I needed to cheer everyone up with a mixed media piece with bright and happy colours.




I started off with a piece of 8" x 8" mdf and covered the background and the back with That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste to give a grounding to the other stencils that I decided to use which were
Feathers, Flowers and Quatrefoil 1 Background Dinkies. I used Texture Paste through these and left the whole project to dry. To add colour I sprayed with a variety of colours.  

I decided that I wanted some of the feathers to have a dimensional effect at the back of the flowers so I pasted some onto copy paper and left to dry then cut around them to add the detail back in. I coloured these with inks and sprays.

I took some of the greyboard Bits and Pieces Small Funky Flowers and inked these up with Oxide inks and a then sprayed them to add more detail. Behind the flowers I placed some lace flower pieces to enhance the design.

A few pearls and a die cut border for the base of the flowers finished the piece off.

I hope it has cheered you up a little!

Thankyou so much for popping in,
Bye for now
Jo :)

Products Used for the Project:

That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
Sentiment

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Another very pretty creation Jo. The textures from the sand paste look fabulous and the flowers are so gorgeous with their lace background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all could do with some spring time colour to bring a little sunshine into our lives Jo. Great textures achieved on your MDF panel, love how you have used the feather stencil it makes a great focal behind the flowers.
    Creative Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook