Sign of things to come by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Hello everyone,

Today I'm sharing another make from last year that I have failed to share with you 
all using one of my all time favourite That's Crafty! Stencils released in December.

Here are those how to do's of my
*Sign of things to come* tag.

Creating a painty background on a greyboard tag I baked the 
Multi Surface Paint with a heat tool until it bubbled.


Texture Paste was pushed through the Tree stencil and left to dry.
When completely dry I lay the stencil back over the raised image and began to paint.

Here's a sneaky peek of the first two colours used, Chestnut Brown and Red.


Laying the stencil back over Green and Gold was introduced


then finally a dash of Yellow.


When dry I edged around the tree with a pencil to add some shade.


and painted the tree in 3D Gloss Gel.

This angle really shows the dimension you can get with the Texture Paste


and the glaze that the 3D Gloss gives.


A stamped and embossed sentiment completes my 
*Sign of things to come* Tag.



I love the changing seasons and i'm more than ready 
for Spring time to arrive... How about you??

Wishing you a wonderful weekend
what ever you have planned.

Take Care & Stay Safe

Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty! Surfaces Greyboard Tag #10
That's Crafty! Stencil: Decorative Tree TC 8013
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Gel
That's Crafty! Paints: Dark Blue Shimmer - Gold - Bronze 
That's Crafty! Stamps: Lynne's Affirmations Set 6

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Gorgeous , dear Tracey- I love that tree stencil, and you created magic with it , using the different colors, to give life and the glace to create shine, and more life. I don`t think I got that tree, will have to ask Laura to have one, it is wonderful. Such fantastic tag.
    Warmest hugs to you friend- xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fabulous stencil and this just shows part of it. Just saw your comment on my blog regarding the stencil & I'm glad you discovered you have it too Dorthe.. Enjoy using it xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this when I first saw but it is fabulous to see it again this time in all its glorious textured detail, great make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, i'm glad I discovered the pictures and was able to share it with everyone xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely waiting for Spring to arrive here! Your tag is beautiful, the tree looks gorgeous in the different colours - it is a great stencil! I really love the background you created, the baked paint looks amazing! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all impatiently waiting now Anne. Those multi surface paints bake up a treat. So glad you like it xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful tag Tracey. The tree looks amazing and the textures are really gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag Tracey, I think I’ll start calling you the Texture Queen :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa haaa now you know I'm going to try & think of something to do completely flat now!! Glad you like xx

      Delete
  6. Fabulous make dear Tracey, so beautiful 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow - such GORGEOUSNESS... DIVINE DIMENSION and DELIGHTFULLY RICH COLORS. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Tracey. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank very very much, so pleased you like it. Thank you for popping on over xx

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful Tracey, the colours and that 3D gloss yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, the 3D Gloss gel does make it all rather juicy :D xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook